As the days turn into weeks and years, football players at all levels continue to get bigger, stronger and faster. So, players are now becoming harder to tackle than ever before.
If you want to bring down a bigger ball carrier effortlessly, then you must be willing to invest more time practicing tackling even if it means you will have to do that at home.
During winter, rainy days, or when there are restrictions in movements, you can continue to practice and master different tackles right from your home.
In this article, we will highlight how to practice tackling from home. In this way, you can continue to master different tackling skills even if you can`t go outdoor.
PERSONAL PRE-TACKLING ACTIVITIES AT HOME
Before you engage in different tackling drills, you need to find or create an open space within your home.
- Before you can tackle efficiently, you need to build your core muscles all at once. You can build your core muscles following these simple muscle building techniques
- Lie down on your back
- Bend your knees
- Keep your back neutral- not against the floor but not arched either.
Once you have gotten the correct form, tighten your abdominal muscles, raise your hips from the floor so your body forms an L shape. Maintain this position and take in 3 deep breaths, then return to your starting position.
- Do segmental rotation for an alternative core exercise. How can this be done?
- Lie down with your knees facing the ceiling.
- Tighten your abdominal muscle, and let your knees fall to the left at a slow pace.
Once you feel a stretch, take in 3 deep breaths and then start all over again. When engaging in segmental rotation, keep these points in mind.
- Ensure your back is in a neutral position
- Keep your shoulders pressed to the floor
- Continue the exercise only when you are comfortable
- Repeat this exercise, but make sure your legs fall to the right this time
- Never let your legs fall to the point where you feel pain.
HOW TO PRACTICE TACKLING BY YOURSELF IN FOOTBALL
GET A TACKLING DUMMY
- Since you are all by yourself at home. You need to get one or more tackling dummies you can use. In this way, you will be able to effectively practice tackling realistically as if with a real person.
With a tackling dummy, you have a realistic target to aim for. What is more? With a dummy, you can practice tackling as much as possible at home because the dummy is yours.
Furthermore, you will become better each day and beat your previous performance. Isn`t that great?
You must not be out on the pitch before you can practice and master tackling. You can particle tackling right from the comfort of your home using a tackling dummy.
Once you have a good tackling dummy, you are good to go.